.

Monday, July 22, 2019

Degree Plan Essay Essay Example for Free

Degree Plan Essay Essay For the last sixteen years I have been working as a professional. In my current professional environment I have found that advancement is limited without some type of degree on your resume. In speaking with my colleagues I have heard many good things about the degree programs offered by ESC CDL. Prior to this application I have participated in two non matriculated classes to both familiarize myself with the online style and to gauge if I was ready to attend college. I have chosen to continue with ESC due to the extreme ease of the online course structure and the willingness of the faculty to assist in any way. I have worked very hard over the last sixteen years to achieve the success that I have obtained. I started my career as a production operator and have excelled at every position I have held. Through my work I have attained the current position of Manager. I am currently in charge of a maintenance department with sixteen direct reports and have also been given the responsibility of a six million dollar budget. With these added responsibilities comes the need to further educate myself to stay relevant and up-to-date. My ambition is to become an Operations Manager which controls all facets of a manufacturing facility. This will not be possible without continued education. This would first require more management skills and a good understanding of how business works. This is the driving force for me to join the college ranks and earn first, an Associates Degree and second, hopefully, a Bachelors Degree. My skill set has been mostly geared toward the technical aspects of my field of choice (maintenance). I have only earned a high school diploma along with many trade certificates and trainings. I have always been one that learns quickly and adapts to change very well. My personal time for the last ten years has been spent developing the minds and nurturing my two wonderful sons whom are now nine and eight. They have become the driving force behind my community involvement which has included coaching their soccer and baseball teams. I have found this to be the most rewarding and special moments in my life. I have found it to be an important step in my development as a man. All of this has brought me to the conclusion that continuing my learning would be most beneficial not only for myself, but will help in showing my sons how important a real education is. Thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to any and all feed back received through this communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment