.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Using Counselling Skills Essay -- Papers

Using Counselling Skills Before I started I went everywhere a contract and I told Jillian how I was using the content of the posing to write an assignment for the course that I am doing at college and that totally my ego, my course tutor and maybe an outside assessor for the course would come up what was written about the session and that she could read the assignment before I showed anyone else. I say that almost everything that was said to me would be confidential, although working along the B.A.C.P ethical guidelines, confidentiality may have to be broken if it became clear that skillful harm may be caused to others or herself. We agreed that this would be a one off session that would last around 30 minutes. I explained a little about Person-Centred counselling to Jillian, I explained that counselling is a way of using a relationship, in this case between myself (acting as the counsellor) to facilitate the development of the Jillian (the client) . It works on the assumption that if I am up to(p) to offer Jillian a relationship characterised by empathy, acceptance and genuineness, and if Jillian is able-bodied to perceive and appreciate these qualities, then she will feel safe ample to disclose hidden aspects of her self which could be upsetting to her. The fact that I can accept these previously hidden parts of Jillians self (unconditional positive regard), helps her to accept them too. The counselling took place in Jillians home. Jillian stated that she had been thinking of a subject to talk about and had decided that she would want to talk about the relationship she has with Tony a man who she calls her boyfriend besides who is married to an... ...hought of me. Its really helped. I feel I show unconditional positive regard (acceptance) by being non-judgemental and warm towards Jillian. evening though I may not have approved of what she was doing I did not allow her behaviours to inf luence adversely my regard for her. I present genuineness (congruence) by my general manner towards Jillian. I did not cook or simulate responses towards Jillian, I feel that I was sincere towards her and that she was able to trust me because of this. I empathised with Jillian and tried to look at her situation from her catamenia of view, hopefully showing an understanding of her feelings and thoughts helping her to focus more intelligibly on her underlying feelings which in turn allowed her to move forward and get ahead progress. Overall I feel the session went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment